Interview with a Seller: Marie Jensen

Bloggerland!
Happy Thursday! The week is almost over!! Thursdays mean Interviews, so here we go with Marie Jensen!

1. What’s your name and shop name and what do you do? My shop name is DeviantCandy and my name is Marie Jensen and I create unusual horror sculptures/jewelry and some fantasy.

2. Where are you located? Great Falls, Montana

3. What’s the favorite part of your craft? Cutting up blood, veins and making body parts.

4. How long have you been crafting? Over a year

5. What’s your favorite thing to make? Zombies are my absolute favorite thing. The second favorite thing to make are my dragons.

6. What kind of camera do you use to shoot? Olympus

7. Who or what models your items? I use a lightbox to model my items

8. What's the most rewarding part of running your own business? I enjoy making people smile and connecting with fellow horror fans.

9. What's the most challenging part of running your own business? Time management is my most challenging part of running a business and staying organized. I think a lot of artists struggle with this, but I'm slowly gaining my own techniques for dealing with it and managing better.

10. On average, how many things do you create per week? Depending on the sculpture, I try to make 2-3 items a day.

11. What inspires you? Zombie pictures, movies, retro zombie and most importantly, my family and fans with their awesome ideas.

12. Take me thru your creative process. I don't really have a process. Sometimes I visualize what I want to create, or I sometimes have a reference picture. On most days, the clay decides what it wants to be.

13. What is your best advice to blossoming crafters? Don't give up and don't think about your competition. I didn't start off with a lot of sales, or fans, so don't get discouraged because of someone else's success. Keep motivated and give yourself little goals and try something new with your crafting.

Hope you can see my responses...thanks for featuring me !


Marie, your advice to blossoming crafters was probably the best advice I've had in my interviews. Its so important to stay motivated and focus on you and yours and not compare yourself with anyone else. Thanks for submitting your interview. :)


Cheers,
Xo, Rachael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross