Sacred Heart & Mi Amor Rockabilly Greeting


Today I'm bringing you a newly designed card using Sacred Heart and the heart icon from Mi Amor.



To create this card I first selected the images that I wanted to use.  I wanted to use my new stamp set, Sacred Heart and a small rose from the Mi Amor set from Bombshell Stamps.


and 


I then selected my color palette and then my printed papers.

I stamped the main heart image from Sacred Heart twice onto blank white card stock. I colored the heart and fire of one heart and the bramble vine of the other. I then cut out the vine of the second and glued it down to the first stamped and colored image. I then cut out the entire image.

I stamped, colored and cut out the wings from the same set.

On a strip of red card stock I stamped the small red rose from Mi Amor as a background stamp.


I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Small (using the largest oval) and cut out and embossed an oval of white card stock.

I sized my black base paper, the black and white checkered paper and the red strip.  I distressed each piece of paper (except the white oval) with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen first and then Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.  I then glued the black card base down to a white card base.

I popped the checkered paper off of the black base.

I glued down the wings I had colored and cut out down to the classic oval I had cut out previously.  I then popped off the flaming heart image of the background and adhered it to the wings. I then glued down the oval to the card base.

I finished off this card with three half pearls in the far right corner.


I hope you enjoyed this project and it inspires you!

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Effectively Sell: Part III - FABG!

The Making of The Babadook Pop Up Book HD

Artists Collective: #4 - Robert Norman Ross